Tuesday, April 29, 2008

A day of cooking, Angie, and the love of my life


Toady I found myself sitting alone on the couch with nothing to do. I got up and looked through the cabinets trying to see if we had anything I could make. I was originally going to make some home made chocolate chip cookies, but then I realized that we did not have sugar, so the cookies were out of the question. Then I found a box of cake mix on the very top shelf and I decided to make chocolate chip cupcakes instead.
They actually turned out moist and delicious.
I also made chicken marsala for Alex's family. Considering that I do not like mushrooms, I had to try the chicken to see how it turned out. I was impressed. My sauce came out nicely and the chicken was tender. His family loved it. My sister Angie came over to his house to eat with us, and that was kind of nice. I have not really seen her in a while, only because of my work schedule. I think she had a nice time over there, at least I hope she did. I also got to see my boyfriend today. Our day started out kinda shaky, but towards the end of the day, we were back to being our happy selves. I love spending time with Alex, he really is a good guy. Then when I came home from Alex's house, I had to make a Mediterranean salad for my dad so he can take it to work with him tommrow. It is not quite finished. This is a salad with tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, raddishes, green onions, and parsley. It is tossed in a Mediterranean dressing. It also has pita bread chips, but I have to make the dressing and the bread tommrow morning. I do have to admit, it was a good day of cooking good food, it was so nice seeing Ang, and spending time with Alex.

1 comment:

pchickki said...

Oh you are making me hungry. I am going to try that Salad. Sounds really good.
Love You
Grama